The goal was to modernise the audio offering of the BBC. Bringing in a new younger target audience. With personalisation a key part of the offering.
Product vision. ‘There’s always something I really want to listen to waiting for me when I visit that page’
BBC iPlayer Radio / Music key facts
- Over 2.7 million monthly visits
- 45 live radio stations, over 200k on-demand audio episodes
Website project complexity
- Combination of speech and music content in one product
- Complex legacy site hierarchy and data structure
- Legacy site branding with new branding commissioned
- Multiple stakeholders
- Integration with new open API
Acting lead for work-streams within for ‘discover’ UX – Which included responsibility for Design look and feel, UX, User testing (in collaboration with UX researcher), stakeholder engagement for visual and technological design, accessibility expert
The team was set up as three separate team; The discover team, the play team and the backend API team. As as UX team we were heavily engrained into the front-end team of ‘discover. The discover team has 6 UX designers on, I was acting lead for 1 Mid weight and 2 Junior UX designers
Visit live site
To view the MVP visit the above URL and make sure you are Signed In to your BBC account.